Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011


I am overwhelmed by this. It's not about immigration...immigration is completely beside the point that overwhelms me. What can we do?! I think I'm a caring person, but this just makes me want to...well honestly to get all I can while the gettin's good! Why not? No matter what I do, it will make no difference whatsoever. bleh. Well, if you know me at all, you know that's a bit pessimistic of me. But let's face it, the reality is just...well he did the math for us already!

OK back on to his subject of how to best help people, which I believe really is his subject, and he makes an excellent point. Maybe he does another talk about something called synergy, maybe not. So I'll tell you what. He does mention the idea of "brightening the corner where you are". You've seen it. Maybe at a concert when everyone lights their lighter, maybe at a Christmas Eve service where the flame is passed down the row to each candle. It's not just your little corner that's brightened. I don't know what the people in Washington D.C. or Santa Fe are going to decide from one day to the next; but I crave seeing people flourishing around me. I know you do too. There are only a few followers here, but we can start a glow around each of us that can reach across the street or around the world. Do something. Do anything. In the name of the billions.

No comments: