Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Today Michael and I heard an ad on talk radio with a lot of information about vitamin D. I've known for a while that most Americans are deficient in it, but hearing the numbers that we need to be healthy was a bit of a shock...we're talking from 1,000's to tens of 1,000's. Getting sunshine every day doesn't even bring us up to proper levels. Soooo, I'm thinking...could that be another reason why I'm so sleepy lately? My friend joked recently that "at our age, the new Happy Hour is a nap". Well it's no joke! Yes, I have the Type II Diabetes, I'll be 60 next year and being Michael's caretaker is draining sometimes; but I decided to order the "free" bottle ($5.95 S&H) and give it a try. It was advertised that I should notice a difference by the time I'm finished with the supply. I'll do my best to get back with a report.

The duvet cover is almost finished. All that's needed is the closure. I decided on velcro, and should be able to finish it within 1/2 an hour. My excuses for not having it done are that I had a sad day which also made me sleepy/tired, I've had to make sure and water our plants more, and had to prepare our guest room for a friend who came for an overnight visit. The thing is, the duvet is already working great! After filling it with the duvet, of course I had to try it out on the bed just to see, and there it's stayed for a few nights. One more run to JoAnn's or Hancock Fabrics for pillow forms, and I'll be ready to whip them up. I also got a bleach pen to experiment on the scraps with designs. Photos to follow.

Praying abundant blessings on us all tonight.




No comments: